Now it is the Pedestrians Turn! For all the pedestrians that wanted recognition during Bike to Work Week… we present Flagstaff’s annual Pedestrian Awareness Week. Be sure to share this post with your Ped-friends, co-workers and kids! Festivities begin Wednesday, September 30 and run through next Wednesday, October 7. Please join the many organizers for this fun series of events, which are intended to celebrate Flagstaff’s walkable character and to raise awareness of walkability issues in the community.
Listed below is an abbreviated schedule of the week’s events; for further information and details please visit http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/index.aspx?NID=1724
- Wed Sep 30 7:30 am -> Breakfast Walk City Hall
- Thu Oct 1 9 am-4 pm -> Safe Routes to School Workshop – Kinsey School Church of the Resurrection. CANCELLED, RESCHEDULING POSSIBLE
- Fri Oct 2 8:30-11 am -> Sunnyside Fourth Street Walkability Audit: Coconino Co Health Dept
- Fri Oct 2 4-7 pm -> Downtown Scavenger Hunt downtown Flagstaff
- Fri Oct 2 4-7 pm -> Pedestrian Awareness Booth Heritage Square
- Sat Oct 3 9 am-noon -> Community Sidewalk Clean-Up Day Kinsey School parking lot
- Sun Oct 4 9 am -> Hike the FUTS/Ride the Bus Sechrist School parking lot
- Mon Oct 5 All Day -> Try Transit Day All Mountain Line bus routes
- Tue Oct 6 9-11 am -> Southside Accessibility Audit Downtown Transfer Center
- Tue Oct 6 noon – 1 pm -> Brown Bag Lunch Presentation on Complete Streets Community Federated Church
- Wed Oct 7 7:30 – 9:30 am -> International Walk to School Day Killip, Kinsey, Marshall, Sechrist, and Thomas Elementary Schools
PAW may not have all the great raffle prizes, but all of us self-propelled folks know that every walk and ride is replete with beauty, views, fresh air, great health and inner calm.
See ya on the FUTS!