Flagstaff Bike Month, throughout May of 2021, will be less event-intensive and more virtual than previous year’s Bike to Work and School Weeks has been in order to help our community continue to climb out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have assembled some fun opportunities to encourage you to get out to ride throughout May!
Unlike previous Bike to Work and School Weeks, Flagstaff Bike Month is for all kinds of cycling. Whether you are riding to work or school, or mountain biking or riding at the bike park, you can participate.
Check out these ways you can ride and reap the rewards:
- Log all of your riding in the Biking Challenge and win amazing raffle prizes for FREE!
- Throughout May, log every day that you ride. Mountain bike rides, road rides, commutes, school trips, bike park shreds, it only takes a minute, and each time you enter you’ll gain an additional chance to win one of the fabulous raffle prizes donated by local businesses. Raffles will be held at the end of each week, with the biggest prizes being awarded at the end of the last week.
- Bike to Take-Out Tuesdays!
- Local restaurants are offering special deals for folks who ride to pick up take-out food, or dine-in, on Tuesdays during Flagstaff Bike Month.
- Get a helmet for cheap for your kids!
- In partnership with Coconino County Safe Kids Coalition and Coconino County Public Health Services, we are offering discounted helmets to help keep kids safe while riding. Place your order before April 30th!
- Martin Ince and Kim Austin, both certified cycling instructors, will be teaching two free live online Savvy Cyclist classes on how to feel safer riding in traffic and be a better cyclist. These will be on Tuesday May 4th at noon, and Wednesday May 12th at 6:00 pm. Stay tuned to our web site and Facebook page for details on how to join.
- We’ll be silent-auctioning some custom bags made from previous Bike to Work and School Week banners to raise funds to help us offset the expenses of this year’s Flagstaff Bike Month. We’ll make the bidding site live on May 1st and close bidding on May 31st .
- We will be awarding a brick at Heritage Square to an individual who has contributed greatly to cycling in the Flagstaff area. Stay tuned for an announcement about this worthy recipient.
We realize that this year’s event is somewhat less event filled than other years, but we are committed to supporting cycling as a safe and attractive means of transportation and recreation while helping to keep our community moving towards being COVID-19 free.