Thanks to everyone who came out to the Bike Bazaar, Monday’s Kick-Off Ride and especially to those of you who have been braving the wind over the past couple of days! Remember it is super important to log your commutes all week!
It’s Bike to School Day!
We are hoping to see at least a thousand Flagstaff kids ride to school today! Thanks to this year’s Heritage Square Brick Award Recipient, Kim Austin, for all she has done and continues to do to get kids riding safely in Flagstaff!
Savvy Cyclist Bike Safety Class Tonight.
Flagstaff Medical Center — Tuesday, May 20th, McGee Auditorium. 5:00 – 6:30pm.
Taught by League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor, Martin Ince.
Do you feel timid in traffic? Are you not sure where you should be when riding in the street? Do you want to feel safer and better equipped for your commute to work or on your road rides?
This class is a great primer for the League of American Cyclist’s training program and will help even the most confident bike commuter or road rider ride more safely.
Everyone who attends will receive a raffle ticket to win various bicycle safety gear! The raffle drawing will occur after the safety seminar.
Tomorrow is Bike to Breakfast Day!
We have set up 11 free breakfast stops for bicyclists throughout Flagstaff for tomorrow morning between 6:30 and 9:00 am! Click here for a detailed map and see the list below for locations. Huge thanks to our breakfast stop sponsors!
- Absolute Bikes – Route 66 at San Francisco St. (on the bike path)
- Biff’s Bagels – South Beaver St. (before the bus stop)
- Bookmans Entertainment Exchange – 1520 S. Riordan Ranch St. Business location.
- Coconino County Parks & Recreation- University Heights Dr. North and Beulah Blvd, near the FUTS trail
- Flagstaff Design Center – 1 South Milton Rd. at Phoenix Ave. Business location.
- Flagstaff Medical Center – Fiesta – North Beaver St. at Forest Ave.
- Kickstand Kafe – 719 North Humphreys St. Business location.
- Mountain Line– Route 66 at Fanning, Stop will be at the Route 66 park.
- NAU – Transportation Action Team (TransAT) – NAU campus on the bike path – near the Starbucks.
- New Frontiers – Butler Ave. at Sawmill Rd. Business location.
- Peaks Senior Living Community – HWY 180, at the intersection of the driveway and the bike path. (near Business location)
Monday’s Raffle Prize Winners
|David Semanas||Criollo Latin Kitchen||Niterider Mako 5.0 Combo Light Set (value $30.00)||Absolute Bikes & Niterider|
|Tod Lewis||FMC ICU & CVICU||$25.00 Gift Certificate||Aspen Sports|
|Karen Bratsch||WL Gore Medical West||$25.00 worth of related jewelry/magnets/goodies||Suite 104|
|Jennifer Beltz||$25.00 Gift Certificate||Zani Gifts|
Be sure to check out the schedule of events for the rest of the Week!
The National Weather Service says the wind will be letting up by Thursday! Join us for Jack’s and Martin’s Excellent Adventure and the Ice Cream Social on Thursday, and Bike to Beer on Friday at the Tinderbox Annex.