Tonight! Savvy Cyclist Training at Flagstaff Medical Center-
Taught by League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructors, Martin Ince and FBO Board Member Dave Needham.
Do you feel timid in traffic? Are you not sure where you should be when riding in the street? Do you want to feel safer and better equipped for your commute to work or on your road rides?
This class is a great primer for the League of American Cyclist’s training program and will help even the most confident bike commuter or road rider ride more safely.
Everyone who attends will receive a raffle ticket to win various bicycle safety gear! The raffle drawing will occur after the safety seminar.
Maybe the funnest day of the week! Bike-friendly businesses around Flagstaff are once again sponsoring Bicycle Breakfast stops this year. Check to see which stop is along your route, hit one or hit them all! Coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, and other breakfast treats will fuel your commute.
Avenza Breakfast Stop map, The map is powered by Avenza’s PDF-maps app, a free download.
2015 Sponsored Breakfast Stops – Wednesday
- Absolute Bikes – Route 66 at San Francisco St. (on the bike path)
- Biff’s Bagels – South Beaver St. (before the bus stop)
- Bodies in Balance Massage Therapy – 408 N. Kendrick St. Business location.
- Bookmans Entertainment Exchange – 1520 S. Riodan Ranch St. Business location.
- Cedar House Coffee Shop – 2009 E. Cedar Ave. Business location.
- Coconino County Parks & Recreation- University Heights Dr. North and Beulah Blvd, near the FUTS trail
- Flagstaff Design Center – 1 South Milton Rd. at Phoenix Ave. Business location.
- Flagstaff Medical Center – Fiesta – North Beaver St. at Forest Ave.
- Hodgepodge Thrift Store – 2340 Historic Route 66. Business location.
- Kickstand Kafe – 719 North Humphreys St. Business location.
- Mountain Line – Route 66 at Fanning, Stop will be at the Route 66 park.
- NAU – Transportation Action Team (TransAT) – NAU campus on the bike path – near the Starbucks.
- Northland Hospice: Administrative offices – 452 N. Switzer Canyon Dr. Business location.
- Peaks Senior Living Community – HWY 180, at the intersection of the driveway and the bike path. (near Business location)
- Whole Foods – Butler Ave. at Sawmill Rd. Business location.
Monday’s Raffle Winners!
Winners will be notified by email with instructions on how to receive their prize.
|WINNER!||Winner’s Worksite||Prize donor||Prize||Value|
|Brian Hall||NAU Comptroller’s Office||Flagstaff Bike Revolution||Giant Ally Helmet, MSW Grips and Giant Numen Spark Commuter light||$65.00|
|Daniel Crim||Aspey, Watkins, and Diesel||Tinderbox Kitchen/The Annex||Gift Certificate||$25.00|
|Doug McGlothlin||Summit High School – Staff||Bookmans||Gift Card||$50.00|
|Heidi Conto||NAU Comptroller’s Office||Criollo Latin Kitchen||Gift Certificate||$25.00|
|Jason Alger||WL Gore-Woody Springs||Niterider and Absolute Bikes||Niterider Mako 5.0 Combo light set||$29.99|
|Kirk Renner||WL Gore-Science Center||Big Foot BBQ||TShirt and $10 Gift Card||$25.00|
|laura shearin||Independent Rider||Niterider and Absolute Bikes||Niterider Mako 5.0 Combo light set||$29.99|
|Wolf Gumerman||NAU Honors Program||Wanderlust Brewing||Pint Glass and a TShirt||$30.00|