Northern Arizona rocks! 1100 people logged 17,500 miles as of Wednesday. Another BeaUUTimous Day! It’s excuse-free!
School Representatives! Report your Bike to School Day numbers HERE!
Bike to Potluck at the Thorpe Park Ramada, 5:30 – 7pm. Bring a Side-dish to share (yum!-salads-n-sides!), via bike if possible, and join us for the 2nd Annual Bike to Potluck. Coconino County’s Tom Hanecak will once again be grilling up burgers, dogs and veggie burgers for the good cyclists of Flagstaff. We will be providing table service, water, lemonade, some raffle prizes and other treats. We ask you to bring your water bottles or mugs. And immediately following…
School Film Night & Awards: We will show the 3 student films we received and award prizes! Four schools will walk away with beautiful Golden Sprocket trophies, and our film contestants will walk off with $250 of prizes. There will be prizes for kids with helmet, and a few other raffles as well.
Friday: We will wind the week down Friday from 5-7pm at Uptown. The photos for the contest will be up for viewing, judging and awarding of the $300 Burley Flatbed Trailer. And the New Belgium Brewery Cruiser Bike Raffle winner will be drawn, so buy your tickets while there is still time, and SUPPORT FBO.
Cyclo-bration at Uptown Billiards!
JOIN! FBO Can’t support events like Bike to Work Week without your help. Please join our membership drive and keep us thriving!
TODAY: The Bike School Day Challenge is on and who will win in each of the 3 categories? Find out tonight!
YESTERDAY: Bike to Breakfast fueled hundreds of hungry cyclists through their day. Maybe it will make up for that 160 pounds of fat our 1100 riders have burned off so far this week.
Wednesday’s Commuters of the Day is the Twomey Family: Maggie, Will, Claire and Nixon. The Twomey’s have made bike commuting a family affair. See our interview with this caravan of travellers Here.
The 2009 Bicycle Commuter Survey is OPEN! Please take 10 minutes to fill it out and let FBO and city planners know what you think about cycling in Flagstaff.
Wednesday’s Prize Winners!
- Marty Curran-FMC ER: Cuvee 928 Wine Bar $20 Gift Certificate
- Tobias Armstrong-Montessori-Switzer Mesa – students: Flagstaff Bike & Fitness: $20 Gift certificate
- Eli Allan-Coco Co Health Dept: Fratelli Pizza: Gift certificates for 1 small pizza & a slice
- Patrick Schnell-NAU Applied R&D Bldg: Jandd Mountaineering/ Absolute Bikes: Jandd Grocery Bag Pannier
- Andrea Casavant-FMC SDU: Beaver Street Brewery: $25 gift certificate
- Myles Martin-New Frontiers: Emmitt Barks Cartography: Sedona & Flagstaff Trails Map Set
- Matthew Maurer-Flagstaff Athletic Club: Serfas and Absolute Bikes: Serfas CP-600 LED light combo set
- Angi Christiansen-Bookmans: Flagstaff Athletic Club: 2 guest passes
- Rebecca Corbett-NAU Ecological Restoration Institute: Monsoons: $25 gift certificate
- Ben Fillerup-WL Gore-Kendrick Peak: Melissa Dunstan Photography: Original 11×14″ print of Flagstaff landscape
- Christopher Kuehl-WL Gore-Kendrick Peak: Emmitt Barks Cartography: Sedona & Flagstaff Trails Map Set
- Kurtis Kegley-NACOG Admin Building: Specialized/ Absolute Bikes: 1 pair Specialized Armadillo Tires
- Martin Ince-COF Flag Metro Planning Org: Beaver Street Brewery: $25 gift certificate
- Mark Daniels-NAU Ecological Restoration Institute: Coconino County: Family pack tickets to Ft Tuthill horse races
- Natasha Cain-Flagstaff Athletic Club: Monsoons: $25 gift certificate
- Jeff Davis-WL Gore-Woody Springs Eng: Emmitt Barks Cartography: Sedona & Flagstaff Trails Map Set
Prize winners will be reached by email to instruct them where to get their prizes NEXT WEEK!: THANKS TO ALL OUR GENEROUS DONORS!
Thanks for participating! Pedal Safe & Friendly!
–Flagstaff Biking Organization