Join the Arizona Trail Association for the second annual Arizona Trail Day in Flagstaff!
September 12th – 10:00-2:00
Hike, run and ride on the AZT on your own or with friends in the morning, then join us for these activities at beautiful Buffalo Park:
- Live music from the Diamond Down String Band
- Local Food from McMillan Bar & Kitchen
- Beer garden featuring local brews from Wanderlust Brewery and Arizona Trail Ale from THAT Brewery
- Memorial honoring Dale Shewalter, father of the Arizona Trail
- Face Painting and Kids Coloring Contest
- Raffle with fantastic prizes!
- Gear Swap – bring your outdoor gear to sell and see what others have to sell at this community marketplace
- Bikepacking demonstration and advice from an expert
- Geocaching demonstration and activity
- Monster truck ambulance from Guardian Medical Transport
- Free granola bars provided by Nature Valley
- Free maps, information, and much more!
Come celebrate the Arizona National Scenic Trail in Flagstaff, the state’s premier gateway community.
This year, there’s a full weekend of events for Arizona Trail Day! It all starts on Friday the 11th at 8:00 pm with an Arizona Trail Talk with Sirena from the Arizona Trail Association at Eddie Bauer, 19 S. Regent Street, Suite 200. She’ll take you on a tour of the trail, tell you stories from her recent thru-hike and share tips for planning your own Arizona Trail adventure!
And on Sunday the 13th at 7:00 pm, join us at the Orpheum Theater for the Arizona premiere of the movie Unbranded! This epic adventure documentary follows four men as they ride wild mustangs from Mexico to Canada during the spring and summer of 2013, including the length of the Arizona Trail. Ticket sales benefit the Arizona Trail Association and are available for $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Advance tickets are available at the film premiere ticket page.