The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew, Chris and Leslie Kehmeier, will be presenting a class on sustainable trail building and then working with us on the ground at building some sustainable trail. This is a great opportunity to learn all about how trails go from concept to a ride; there’s a lot more to it than you might think! Meet at 8:30 am at the Flagstaff District Ranger Station on Highway 89 across from the Flagstaff Mall.
Join us on Saturday evening for a presentation and discussion on the ins-and-outs and future of freeride, downhill and park riding in the Flagstaff area at the Zane Grey Ballroom in the Weatherford Hotel. (Thanks to the Weatherford for graciously donating this space.) We want to take the opportunity of Chris and Leslie being in town to have them talk a bit about IMBA’s experience, Flagstaff Biking and the Flagstaff Gravity Riders will talk about things we are pursuing and the Forest Service and Coconino County will give a little of their perspective. We all want to hear from you as well about what you might be hoping to see on the ground, and if you have questions about what is being done to legitimize this type of riding in Flagstaff. Please make an effort to attend and show your support for this form of riding to local land managers!
Please register if you plan to attend the workshop and trail building:
Schedule for the weekend:
- Saturday, April 23rd, 8:30 am-12:00 noon, classroom presentation at the Flagstaff District Ranger Station, on North Highway 89 directly across from the Flagstaff Mall.
- Saturday, April 23rd, 12:00 noon-1:30 pm, lunch, and travel to work site. We will be working on the New West Secret trail, just off of Friedlein Prairie Road. (Location will be marked on the road.)
- Saturday, April 23rd, 1:30 pm- 4:00 pm, new trail construction.
- Saturday, April 23rd, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm, presentation and discussion on the ins-and-outs and future of freeride, downhill and park riding in Flagstaff.
- Sunday, April 24th, 10:00 am, group ride with Chris and Leslie from IMBA. Meet at Schultz Creek Trail head.
For more information on this trail day event, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org